20+ years of practice
THAI MASSAGE SERVICES
We have the know-how you need.
Thai Massage is a form of bodywork that has been around for many 100's of years. Also known as Nuad Boran, Thai Yoga Massage, Traditional Thai Massage or Ancient Massage, this bodywork has it's origins in India and draws from the yogic tradition. The person accredited with being the founding father of Thai Massage is Ayurvedic doctor, physician & friend to the Buddha - Jivaka Khumar Bhaccha. Since this bodywork historically appeared in Buddhist temples as part of the Buddhist monks health care regime, it combines Yogic and Buddhist philosophies, yoga postures, Ayurvedic principles and martial arts style moves. Thai Massage is a comprehensive full-body treatment that manipulates & stretches tissue, mobilizes joints, moves energy, can relieve discomfort among other things and is effortlessly modified as needed to suit the receiver.
Tracey has been a practitioner of Thai Massage for 20 years and a teacher for many. She has shared literally 1000's of Thai Massage's to date. Tracey has been teaching certification courses and Thai Massage trainings for over 14 years. Having taught a number of years for the well known Lotus Palm School in Montreal, PQ then in Toronto, ON where she lead Level 1 and 2 certification courses, Table Thai Levels 1 & 2 and Prenatal/Elderly Thai Massage courses as the Senior Toronto-based teacher. Honouring the lineage and passion of her original teacher Kam Thye Chow, Tracey now offers Thai Massage Continuing Education courses and is developing certification trainings of her own that uphold the standards and quality her teachers put forth.
HERE'S WHAT METTA MOVEMENT IS DOING TO TAKE EXTRA CARE OF YOU DURING THESE EXCEPTIONAL TIMES:
• You will be sent a digital version of a standard Covid questionnaire and New Client Intake form (if applicable) the day before your session. These are Google forms & can both be submitted digitally. Your session will be confirmed based on the responses to both forms.
• Treatments are taking place in well-ventilated spaces and even outdoors, if desired, when the weather is compatible.
• The practitioner wears a fresh set of clean clothes for the session.
• The massage surfaces and props are cleaned thoroughly before and after the session.
• The practitioner wears a disposable, single use non-medical mask whenever closer than 6 feet indoors and for the duration of the session. You will be required to wear one as well.
• Table Thai and Tok Sen and Traditional Thai mat sessions are available.
• If booking a home visit, please be sure there is a well ventilated space in your home large enough to accommodate the massage table or mat with room to walk around it comfortably. ( approx 7x9 )
• Durham Region sessions will happen in your home or at a location in Brooklin, ON. The downtown Whitby home clinic space is not currently operational.