Thai Massage Services
Thai Massage is a form of bodywork that has been around for many 100's of years. Also known as Nuad Boran, Thai Yoga Massage, Traditional Thai Massage or Ancient Massage, this bodywork has it's origins in India and draws from the yogic tradition. The person accredited with being the founding father of Thai Massage is Ayurvedic doctor, physician & friend to the Buddha - Jivaka Khumar Bhaccha. Since this bodywork historically appeared in Buddhist temples as part of the Buddhist monks health care regime, it combines Yogic and Buddhist philosophies, yoga postures, Ayurvedic principles and martial arts style moves. Thai Massage is a comprehensive full-body treatment that manipulates & stretches tissue, mobilizes joints, moves energy, can relieve discomfort among other things and is effortlessly modified as needed to suit the receiver.
Tracey has been a practitioner of Thai Massage for 20 years and a teacher for many. She has shared literally 1000's of Thai Massage's to date. Tracey has been teaching certification courses and Thai Massage trainings for over 14 years. Having taught a number of years for the well known Lotus Palm School in Montreal, PQ then in Toronto, ON where she lead Level 1 and 2 certification courses, Table Thai Levels 1 & 2 and Prenatal/Elderly Thai Massage courses as the Senior Toronto-based teacher. Honouring the lineage and passion of her original teacher Kam Thye Chow, Tracey now offers Thai Massage Continuing Education courses and is developing certification trainings of her own that uphold the standards and quality her teachers put forth.
HERE'S WHAT METTA MOVEMENT IS DOING TO TAKE EXTRA CARE OF YOU DURING THESE COVID CONCERNED TIMES:
• You will be sent a digital version of a standard Covid questionnaire and New Client Intake form (if applicable) the day before your session. These are Google forms & can both be submitted digitally too. Your session will be confirmed based on the responses to both forms.
• Treatments are taking place in well-ventilated spaces and even outdoors, if desired, when the weather is compatible.
• The practitioner wears a fresh set of clean clothes for each session changing both before & after the massage.
• The massage surfaces and props are cleaned thoroughly right before and immediately after the session.
• You are asked to provide your own clean flat light coloured sheet & clean pillow case. And, will be asked to remove it yourself from the mat or table after the session.
• The practitioner wears a disposable, single use non-medical mask when giving the treatment and also adds a visor when working around your skull and face. When entering your home, a face covering is worn indoors switching to non-medical mask for the session.
• If it makes you more comfortable to also wear a mask you can but it's NOT necessary.
• Table Thai and Tok Sen and Traditional Thai mat sessions are available.
• If booking a home visit, please be sure there is a well ventilated space in your home large enough to accommodate the massage table or mat with room to walk around it comfortably. ( approx 7x9 )
• Durham Region sessions will happen in your home or at a location in Brooklin, ON. The downtown Whitby home clinic space is not currently operational.
As we continue to follow the evolution these next couple of months, changes to protocol & services offered will be made as needed.
PUT A SPRING IN YOUR STEP
• NEW CLIENTS ONLY •
Throughout MARCH, enjoy your FIRST 90 minute Thai Massage with Tracey & receive your 2nd massage for HALF PRICE.
Both sessions must be booked & delivered by APRIL 1, 2021.
• Durham Region •
Enjoy two Thai Massages at regular price then receive a $30 SAVINGS on your 3rd session. (Can not be combined with another promotion)